Friday, December 17, 2021
Crumbling Temple
She turns her gaze upon me and my soul is set alight
I know I should release her, but my spirit screams to fight
My goddess, I am floored with how inimitably fine
When wrapped in flesh and wound with words I wish you could be mine
Our story sparked a fire within, ignited what once died
Blinded me to passion as the wonder filled my eyes
A lifetime dark now overwhelmed with visions quite sublime
Growth kicked in exponentially with no reason or rhyme
Yet even in the beauty of a pair of flames entranced
A subtle source of discord threatened sorrow on their dance
Still they kept about their show, their growth and passion raw
Until they had the chance to know, then disliked with what they saw.
From one restraint, a hesitance, a caution borne of force
The other, unsure, no way to say, as perspective is my source.
Through my leaves you blew indeed, and in the strictest sense
You did not leave, and yet you did decide to end the dance.
Now I find myself adrift, mooring cut and tossed
I weep inside because I know exactly what was lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment